Castle Guards Farm Retreat
All Pod bookings are subject to the following Terms and Conditions:
- Payment of the balance is payable no later than 28 days before the commencement of your holiday. If we do not receive the balance by this time, your Pod may be re-let. If you book within 28 days of your stay the Total fee is payable.
- A deposit of 40% is required when booking. Deposits are non-refundable.
- Cancellation, if you cancel your stay before 28 days prior to your arrival you lose your deposit. If you cancel within 14 days of your stay you lose all monies paid. In the current situation of COVID 19 we will offer to move your holiday to another date if possible.
- We recommend you take out travel insurance to insure against any cancellation you may make.
- No refunds are given for early departure.
- Pods are reserved from 3:00 pm on your arrival day and must be vacated by 10 am on your departure day. Pods are expected to be left on time in a clean and tidy state.
- Two car space are allocated to each pod.
- All Pods are NON SMOKING.
- Dogs are permitted only in Highmoor Pod (max 2) and Corn Crake (max 2) but must NOT be left on their own in the pod. All dogs must be cleaned up after. Dogs must not run free, this is a working farm and we have livestock.
- Personal property is your responsibility and we will not be liable for any belongings lost or damaged during your stay.
- We ask that children are always supervised.
- Parents or carers are responsible for their children.
- We reserve the right to refuse admittance to our property of any person or persons.
- We reserve the right to terminate your permission to stay at Castle Guards Farm Retreat immediately in the event that you or those in your party are in breach of these or any other term and conditions or are acting anti-social. In the event of termination no refunds will be given.
- 3 days prior to arrival you will receive your code to enter your holiday Pod .You will see your locksafe located to the right of your door. Your pin given will give you access to the key.
- Castle Guards Farm Retreat is situated on a working farm, you must not enter the farm yard, and keep clear of the farm machinery.
Our right to evict
We may terminate our contract with you and ask you to leave your Accommodation and
the Site immediately (without any compensation being payable) if:
(a) we consider that you or your party have committed a serious breach of these terms and
(b) we consider that your or your party’s behaviour endangers the safety of our visitors or staff;
(c) any complaints are made of anti-social or unacceptable behaviour against you or your party;
(d) you or your party cause an unreasonable amount of damage to the property or its contents; or
(e) you exceed the maximum occupancy limit for your Accommodation.
- Any lost keys will be charged at £45. Please leave your keys in the key safe when you are out of the property for safe keeping
- The whole site may be hired out by family or friend groups for special get-togethers.
- Please enquire by phone or email for availability, or use the availability search on the booking manager.
- The Castle Guards Farm Retreat team will clean the pods between each stay.
- You are responsible for leaving the pods in a tidy manner before you leave, including putting rubbish in the bins and any dirty kitchenware in the dishwasher.
- A charge of £15 will be made for any pods that have been left in an unsatisfactory mess.
Wood Fired Hot Tub Terms and Conditions
To ensure the safe and enjoyable use of the hot tub, please read and
adhere to the following safety rules and user instructions
Hot Tub Safety Rules
- 1. People with heart disease, high or low blood pressure, any serious illness or who are pregnant, should not use the hot tub without consulting their doctor first.
- 2. People with skin, ear, genital or other body infections should not use the hot tub to avoid spreading infection.
- 3. It is advised that children under the age of eight should not use the hot tubs. Supervise all children, in and around the hot tub
- 4. Be aware that the heat of the water can speed up the effects of alcohol.
- 5. Do not immerse your head in the water as it increases the risk of infection (and you could drown).
- 6. Do not use electrical appliances near the water to avoid electric shocks.
- 7. Do not use any contaminants such as bubble bath, oils etc. in the water.
- 8. The flue is protected by a guard and you should not make any attempt to touch the guard or flue whilst the burner is lit. The heater door may also be hot and should be opened using the insulated handle.
- 9. Never allow the water temperature to go over 40°C (37°C for children)
- 10. Do not use the hot tub after a heavy meal or under the influence of alcohol, drugs or sedatives.
- We have zero drug policy. Any users found in possession of drugs or attempting to consume drugs will be asked to leave the hot tub premises immediately. No refunds will be given and police/security staff will be notified.
Hot Tub User Instructions
- 1. Read and adhere to the above Safety Rules
- 2. Change into bathing costume, strictly no underwear or daywear allowed in the hot tubs.
- 3. Use the toilet before entering the hot tub.
- 4. Shower thoroughly with soap and water before using the hot tub to remove lotions, deodorants, creams etc.
- 5. Dip your feet in the foot baths provided prior to entering the hot tub.
- 6. Do not dive into the hot tub. Take care when entering and leaving, the surfaces may be slippery when wet. Place 2 hands on the top rim when using the steps as these may also be slippery and unstable.
- 7. Keep glass and sharp objects away from the hot tub
- 8. Depending on the water temperature, it is advised that you should not stay immersed in the hot tub for longer than 15 minutes per 1 hour.
- The Owner is not liable for refunds or expenses incurred by the Client in the event that the Owner is prevented from fulfilling the Client’s booking as a result of circumstances beyond the Owner’s control. Such circumstances shall include (but not be limited to) war, terrorism, riots or civil unrest, industrial action, flooding, natural disaster, epidemics, health risks or such similar events (“Force Majeure”). The Owner recommends that the Client has adequate holiday insurance to cover this.
- We take all comments from guests seriously and in the unlikely event that you wish to make a complaint you can contact us by telephone or email and we will respond. We will try to resolve any issues as soon as possible.
COVID-19: Book with confidence
- While the risk of travel restrictions remains, it's important to us that you can book with confidence.
- If your booking cannot go ahead because of nationwide travel restrictions or local lockdown restrictions imposed on the campsite, you will be able to re-book flexibly and carry forward all monies paid.